PLS Pinterest Inspired: Together

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Morning, friends!  I hope you all had wonderful weekends!  Ours was busy from the get-go.  Plus, my little bear came down with a fever, which kept me home, caring for him, for most of it.  I think he really enjoyed and, even more than that, needed the one-on-one time, though.  Anyway, I'm up on the Pretty Little Studio blog today, sharing a page inspired by the open windows, leaves, and fall colors of the pin below.  I had such fun playing with Ashley Horton's fabulous, debut Oakley Avenue Collection for this one.  Enjoy!
I started this page by watercoloring a background of blues and yellows onto a piece of 12x12 watercolor paper.  I then stamped a number of leaves, trailing throughout the design, in More Mustard and Coastal Cabana inks.
All of the Polaroid frames, from the Weathered Frames package, were used to highlight the Leaf Love and Crisp Air prints, which were cut in the form of rectangles and anchored, long sides together, with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitching.  After splattering everything with more of the same watercolors used previously, as well as Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints, those same prints were topped with a folded portion of our Cross My Heart Gold Metallic Vellum, as well as a couple sheets of white tissue paper and my photo itself, which was matted with white cardstock.  An Orchard Words "together" die cut serves as my title; and a Hello Fall Cut-Apart "OCTOBER" was tucked in, among the frames, near the top of the page.
A trio of Fall Faves Die-Cut pies provide a bit of movement to the entire design.  One pie was dressed up with a fussy-cut, from our Pretty Poppies print, bloom, which was popped up with foam tape and used to anchor the left side of a Pumpkin Mini Words "today".  A couple of Fall Words Stickers, as well as a stamped, in Jet Black ink, "Adventures" round out the top right corner.
A manila tag, laced with Baker's Twine, tied in a bow, was tucked under the left side of my photo and topped with another hand-cut bloom, as well as a Weathered Frames "I {heart} fall" die cut, which I popped up with foam tape.
Opposite the tag, you'll find a quartet of Gold Metallic Number Die Cuts, which were used to spell out the year my photo was taken and topped with a Weathered Frames arrow.
The bottom right corner of my photo was dressed up with a couple more of those hand-cut blooms, as well as a Foxy Fall Flair button, backed with a tangle of gold thread.
Another Pumpkin Mini Word, as well as a "FEELING FALLISH" die cut and stamped, in Jet Black ink, "Life", not to mention the scattering of perfectly-color-matched Seaspray 4mm Sequins, completes the look.
I'm linking this one up to Picture This!'s October 1st Challenge (layers + fussy cutting + 1 photo).  I'm also hoping to share those Branson pics later this week; but I've been keeping super busy with my kiddos' various activities and homeschooling itself, so it may be a little quiet around here this week.  I do have a number of creative posts coming your way next week, though.  So, if you don't hear from me until then, know that all is well and that I'll be back soon.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Season of Thanks (Wplus9); Calendar Stamp Set (Precious Remembrance) Paper: white (Paper Studio); tissue (unknown); watercolor (Master's Touch); Oakley Avenue: Pretty Poppies 8x8, Leaf Love 8x8, Crisp Air 8x8, & Cross My Heart Gold Metallic Vellum 8x8 (PLS) Ink: Jet Black & Wild Honey (Ranger); More Mustard & Coastal Cabana (SU!) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); watercolors (Kuretake); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); manila tag (Paper Studio); lattice stencil (Jenni Bowlin); Oakley Avenue: Hello Fall Cut-Aparts, Orchard Words Die Cuts, Foxy Fall Flair, Weathered Frames, Pumpkin Mini Words, Fall Words Stickers, Fall Faves Die Cuts, & Feelin' Fallish Die Cuts, Summer Vibes: Seaspray 4mm Sequins, & Here Comes the Sun: Gold Metallic Number Die Cuts (PLS)

15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope the little one feels better soon! LOVE LOVE LOVE your page! GORGEOUS photo and loveeeeeeee the colors!!!!!!!!

Monique Liedtke said...

Totally adore this layout!!!

Anna said...

Wow, this layout is gorgeous Jinny! I love all the details and the warm colours.

Lisa said...

Sorry your little guy has been down with a bug. Penelope came down with a double ear infection. Your page is beautiful Jinny, love all of the details!

Lisa Kauschinger said...

Great fussy cutting, layering and photo! Your layout goes so well with the Pretty Little Studio inspiration photo! Love all the beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing at Picture This!

Ros Crawford said...

I hope the little one is fully recovered ... Fabulous page and I love the inspiration photo... you captured those colours beautifully!

Arianna said...

Your layouts are always so beautiful and elaborate, I love them.
Thank you for joining us at Picture This!

Maria said...

Wonderful layout with amazing detail, Jinny!! Love the family photo...so sweet!! Hope you little one is feeling much better!!

Emma Zappone said...

Wow this layout is amazing!! So much detail. Thanks so much for joining us at PictureThis!

Tracy said...

Wow I get to open up this page to a splash of beautiful fall hues AND a great family pic. Beautiful work as always Jinny. Hugs!

Christine Beuzit said...

Waow!!!! I really have a soft spot for your page....because I like EVERYTHING in it <3 <3 <3 Hope to see more of your talents in our next challenges @PT

Miriam Prantner said...

You are so great at layering/clustering! I really love all those red/orange pops of color too!

ewelinkag said...

Great layers! Thank you for joining us at Picture This!

Alison Gage said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at PT!

Zheng Hannah said...

Beautiful layout!Thank you for playing with us at Picture This!