Coffee Happy Birthday

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Hey, y'all!  I'm back, as promised in yesterday's Family Update post, with the card I made my grandpa for his 90th birthday.  Enjoy!
I started this card by dividing a piece of teal, chevron, patterned paper with a diagonal strip of yellow, triangles, patterned paper and anchoring them both, to the white, cardstock, card face, with white-threaded, straight, machine stitching.  A length of white, seam binding ribbon was then wrapped around the diagonal print; tied, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face; and embellished with a teal, enamel dot.
I then die-cut Reverse Confetti's Gift Card Holder Tag from an aqua/star, patterned paper; trimmed its hole with a Dove Grey, cardstock, Hang Ups, ring die cut, laced with a length of white string; and stuffed its pocket with a gift card.
The coffee cup was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on watercolor paper; watercolored; hand-cut out; and popped, with foam tape, off the surface of a die-cut, Dove Grey, cardstock circle, which, in turn, was popped off the surface of the card face with foam tape.  A scattering of large and small, silver sequin stars, as well as a cork star and a hand-cut, from patterned paper, chevron tab, completes the look.
While I was at it, I duplicated it for my brother-in-law's birthday this coming Sunday.  Shhh!
Inspiration for these cards came from Reverse Confetti's Sketch for You to Try #42.
Thanks so much for stopping in!  I'm off to finish the baking and clean my bathroom, while it's peacefully quiet around here.  My littlest is napping ;).  I do have our thankful list to share tomorrow, but I know many of you won't be blog visiting much over the course of the holiday weekend.  So, to all my friends here in the United States, have a wonderful Thanksgiving; and to the rest of you lovely people, I'll see you tomorrow.  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Be a Barista & Monkey Business (Reverse Confetti) Paper: Dove Grey (Wplus9); white (Recollections); yellow triangle (Crate Paper); teal chevron (Maggie Holmes); aqua/yellow star & aqua chevron (Jillibean Soup); watercolor (Canson Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white string & small silver star sequins (Hobby Lobby); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); enamel dot (MME); large silver star sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); Gift Card Holder Tag & Hang Ups dies (Reverse Confetti); Clear Cut Stackers: Circles die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives)

5 comments:

Anya said...

So adorable and very creative! I love cards with cups!))

Lisa said...

Fun festive and happy cards Jinny! The birthday men will love them!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I loveeeeeeeeee these! Such fun colors!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

Wonderful cards with the cups and stars, Jinny!! Pretty colors and layers!! A big Happy 90th Birthday to your Grandpa!! Take care and Happy Thanksgiivng to you and family!!

~amy~ said...

Jinny, these are absolutely WONDERFUL.
Happy Birthday to your Grandpa...how fabulous.