PLS Feature Friday: I Say, You Say Journaling

Friday, December 2, 2016

Morning, friends!  I'm up on the Pretty Little Studio blog today with a page featuring journaling.  I've tapped into both our 3x4 and 4x6 journaling cards to memorialize a moment in time that I truly hope, for the sake of all her future roommates, that my daughter outgrows.  Even if she doesn't, though, I'll still love her; and if need be, she can always probably, depending on what kind of mood her dad is in, move back home.
I started this page by watercoloring a piece of 12" x 12" watercolor paper and splattering it with those same shades of pink and yellow, in addition to orange watercolor and both Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints.  Once everything was dry, I stamped a number of flowers, in Melon Mambo and Jet Black inks, throughout the design.  I then layered a handful of coordinating prints, including a folded piece of Confetti Black Vellum and a couple of strips of scalloped, white cardstock, haphazardly together with black-threaded, straight, machine stitching, before adhering them near horizontal center and topping them with my photo, which was matted with white cardstock and embellished with the Oct. 11, 2015, date, etched on a Black Label Sticker.
Just to the left of my photo I adhered an Apple Cider 3x4 Journaling Card, which reads, Every time I ask you to clean your room & you tell me that you have, this is what I find... more than 40 things that do NOT belong.  You always have a specific reason why each item is right where it belongs.  Whatever is a mom to do?!  And just to the right of the journaling card, I popped that sweet, little Camilla Vintage Die Cut up with foam tape.
Below my photo grouping, I used Noir ABC and Vellum ABC Thin Mints Slate Stickers to create the "I SAY... YOU SAY" title, as well as the designated words in each column.  A "happy" was stamped, in Jet Black ink, just above it.
Above my photo grouping, I secured chipboard Thickers to create the "MY GIRL" phrase...
which overlaps a black envelope, embellished with a trio of Think Positive Phrase Stickers...
and stuffed with a Shine 4x6 Journaling Card, which I trimmed down to 4" x 5-1/4"...
and used the back of to journal the 40+ things that DID NOT belong on my daughter's dresser after a cleaning and at the time these photos were taken.
I also included a few closeups, because that one photo just doesn't do it justice ;).
Finally, I embellished with lots of blooms, some of which were popped up with foam tape and all of which were hand-cut from our Flower Crown, Roses Clear, and Pretty Poppies prints.  I tossed in a couple of leftover Flower Crown Stickers, a Fawn Flair Button...
pair of Monarch Die Cuts, and a heap of Primrose 8mm Sequins to complete the look.
Thanks, as always, for stopping by!  Now, get out there and make your weekends creative ones.  Oh!  And don't forget to embrace the messy ;).  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Happy Everything & Petite Petals (SU!); Fresh Cut Florals (Wplus9) Paper: white (Paper Studio); watercolor (Master's Touch); Summer Vibes: Flower Crown 8x8, Berry Sundress 8x8, & Roses Clear 8x8; Holly Jolly: Santa's Bag 8x8, Here Comes the Sun: Confetti Black Vellum 8x8, Marigold: Calla Lily 8x8, Let's Go: Amsterdam 8x8, & Oakley Avenue: Pretty Poppies 8x8 (PLS) Ink: Melon Mambo (SU!); Jet Black (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Scalloped Trim punch (SU!); chipboard Thickers (Dear Lizzy); watercolors (Kuretake); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); black envelope (American Crafts); Wonderland: Vellum ABC Thin Mints Slate Stickers, Here + There: Noir ABC Stickers, Oakley Avenue: Apple Cider 3x4 Journaling Cards, Summer Vibes: Flower Crown Stickers & Primrose 8mm Sequins, Woodland: Fawn Flair Buttons & Monarch Die Cuts, Here Comes the Sun: Think Positive Phrase Stickers, Shine 4x6 Journaling Cards, & Black Label Stickers, & Camilla Vintage Die Cut (PLS) 

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! Brookie is the SAME way! HA!! Too funny!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the journaling and the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn said...

This made me smile from ear to ear. I'll introduce her to Jonathon...and they'll be happy together in their clutter!

Lisa said...

Her motto is a place for everything and everything in it's place LOL!! What a cute page Jinny,. Love seeing all of Adina's treasures!!

Miriam Prantner said...

It's something about kids and sorting and repackaging. I can't tell you how often I open up a purse/bag/box and find the oddest assortment of things in there. Once it was all yellow things: a yellow crayong, lego, bead, etc....???!!! Love that you scrapped this!