Pretty Little Studio: Apple Butter Gift Tags

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Note: This is my second post today.  Please be sure to scroll down and check out my previous, The Studio Sketch Challenge post, too.

Hey, y'all!  If you're a follower of my blog, you know that my family has a tradition of going apple picking every fall.  We then set aside a Saturday to turn our loot into dozens and dozens of pints of apple butter, which, other than providing us with a constant supply of delicious goodness throughout the course of the next year, become Christmas gifts for family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, our mailman, the trash men, etc.  I like to dress up those jars with a little, seasonal sparkle before they're gifted and thought, for my turn on the Pretty Little Studio blog today, that I'd share the ones heading to my hubby's place of work with you all.  Once again, I got my inspiration, for everything you see here today, from Heather Adams' new Holly Jolly Collection.  Enjoy!
As soon as I saw the Just for You Tags, I knew they would be perfect for my jars.  I started by popping each one up, with foam tape, off a slightly larger die-cut, from those fabulous, Christmas Confetti and Snowflakes Red Metallic prints, tag.  I cannot say enough good stuff about these metallic goodies.  They really bring the wow-factor to any project, and I'm super impressed with how well the shine stays put.  I then wrapped them up with a length of Baker's Twine, encircling the jar itself and tied, in a bow, through a red button, embellished with a couple of die-cut, from textured, Garden Green cardstock, holly leaves.  A tab, punched from our Gold Metallic Diagonal print and stapled to the left edge of the larger tag...
as well as a Gold Metallic Number Die Cut star, popped up with foam tape, and trio of Crystal 4mm and 8mm Sequins, completes the look.
There are 12 of those circular tags in the Just for You Tags package, and I used every one of them in the same way you see above.
However, I still needed a few more.  So, I reached for my Trim the Tree print; cut it down into a quartet of squares; punched their top left corners with a small hole; and added each one, with foam tape, to the same die-cut, metallic tags seen above.
They were laced up in the same way as above, too, with the exception of the Baker's Twine also being strung through an additional, skinny tag.  To create this tag, I cut short strips of white cardstock; topped them with a die-cut, from our Gold Metallic Diagonal print, tag topper; stamped them, in Jet Black ink, with the "SENDING HOLIDAY CHEER" sentiment; and punched their bottom edge to mimic the tag topper itself.
This particular jar got that peppermint square, topped with a "happiest of holidays" Magical Words Sticker, which I backed with white cardstock for durability and popped up with foam tape.
The other three jars were created in nearly the same way.  So, keep in mind the above details, and I'll just point out the differences.
This one got that little deer peeking out from behind the skinny tag...
as well as a "be merry" Remember Sticker.
This third one...
got a "holly jolly", paper square...
and different Remember Sticker.
And this fourth, or rather 16th, and final jar might just be my favorite.
It got a plaid, paper square, topped with Gold Metallic Number Die Cuts, as well as a "holly jolly christmas" Magical Words Sticker, treated in the same way as the other described above.
I know this was a long post.  Thanks so much for hanging in there, with me, until the end, friends!  I hope you've been inspired to create a few, Christmas tags of your own this week.  Thanks, as always, for humbling me with a visit!  Be blessed! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Heartfelt Holiday (Wplus9) Paper: white (Recollections); textured Garden Green (SU!); Holly Jolly: Trim the Tree 8x8, Christmas Confetti Red Metallic 8x8, & Snowflakes Red Metallic 8x8 & Here Comes the Sun: Gold Metallic Diagonal 8x8 (PLS) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger) Other: foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); buttons (Papertrey Ink); staples & stapler (office supply store); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); Hang Ups & Holly Confetti Cuts dies (Reverse Confetti); Timeless Tags 1 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Upper Crest Border punch (Fiskars); Tab & 3/16" Handheld Circle punches (SU!); Here Comes the Sun: Gold Metallic Number Die Cuts, Summer Vibes: Crystal 4mm Sequins & Crystal 8mm Sequins, & Holly Jolly: Just for You Tags, Magical Words Stickers, & Remember Stickers (PLS)

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Yummy to your fabulous apple butter and all of your tags are fabulous Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your apple butter is THE BEST!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the tags you made! LOVING that holly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

Wonder how many of these delightful jars will come back to you for a refill. LOL The tags look fantastic. Very festive. Hugs!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how you dressed up these jars! Those little holly leaves with the button and twine and then the ephemera/tags are so fun!

Lisa said...

Love all of the pretty little tags you made to dress up your jars of yumminess!!