For the Love of Books

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Welcome to the weekend, y'all!  Just popping in, before January completely gets away from me, to share my book pick for this month.  It's a rather new publication, written for children ages three to five, that caught my attention for its daring, but darling, black and white illustrations and simplistic text.  It has quickly become one of Kaden's favorites.  Matter of fact, he nearly has the whole thing memorized, which I love, because it also boasts a fantastic lesson in politeness.
Please, Mr. Panda, written and illustrated by Steve Antony, is a dialogue between Mr. Panda and five different animals.  Mr. Panda begins each conversation by asking whether the particular animal would like a doughnut and ends each interaction by changing his mind and walking away with the colorful pastries still in tow.  The individual animals each respond with a "Give me the pink one," or an "I want the blue one and the yellow one," or even an "I want them all!"; but every one forgets to say please.  That is, until a smiley-faced lemur comes along.  He remembers his please AND his thank you and is rewarded with the entire box of delectable treats.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy reading, friends!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like a CUTE book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! We are big panda fans here!