For the Love of Books

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Well, hello there, strangers!  I apologize for it being a bit quiet around here.  I've had a lot on my plate and been spreading myself a little too thin lately.  So, I needed to take some time to just enjoy being with my family in this unseasonably warm weather we've been having.  I'm talking short sleeves, y'all!  My big kiddo has even been sporting his shorts on occasion, which is unheard of for February in Kansas.  But despite our truly loving being able to get outdoors and play, I've really missed winter this year.  My most favorite, winter-themed, children's book of all time couldn't explain my grief any better, which is why I've chosen it for this month's For the Love of Books pick.  It is written for children ages four to seven and packed to the brim with big, bold, vibrantly detailed and inviting scenes that prove the author's point of view perfectly.
Simply put, from warm, woolly sweaters and thick blankets of snow to hot cocoa with grilled cheese and lingering cuddles by the fire, Winter Is the Warmest Season, written and illustrated by Lauren Stringer, is a cheerful celebration of all the things that truly make winter the warmest season of all.

Thanks so much for humbling me with a visit, friends!  We're off to Kaden's three-year-old checkup this morning.  It was postponed due to a death in his pediatrician's family.  He's not so fond of going to the doctor.  Wish us luck, and happy reading!

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I totally agree! Winter was a bust this year! Thanks for the book rec!

Lisa Elton said...

The winter weather seems to be off kilter everywhere this year!! Hope Kaden's check up went well!