PLS Pinterest Inspired: This Is the Life

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Morning, y'all!  I'm up on the Pretty Little Studio blog today, sharing a page inspired by the pin below.  I interpreted the bold, bright, happy colors through Heather Dolittle's Summer Vibes Collection; and the concrete structure and wood door reminded me of our many mission trips to Mexico, one of which became the subject of today's page.
I started this page by adding yellow and orange watercolor puddles and speckles to the 12" x 12", watercolor, base page.  Once that was dry, I used Peeled Paint Distress Ink to add a few strategically-placed ferns to the design and stamped lots of flowers in Jet Black ink.  I then laid a number of prints, a couple of which were hand-cut in the form of pennants, onto the design behind where my photo, which was matted with white cardstock, would lie, along with a "this is the life" Let's Go Outside 3x4 Journaling Card, which I used as my title, and splattered everything with Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints, before anchoring a number of them with black-threaded, straight, machine stitching.  "Juarez, Mexico" was then stamped, in Jet Black ink, along the vertical left edge of the journaling card, which I also used to house a few affirmation scriptures.
A hand-cut, from our Flower Power patterned paper, bloom was tucked under the top edge of the journaling card over my inked ferns and topped with the Pickles the Parrot Vintage Die Cut, which was popped up with foam tape.  Just to the right of Pickles, under the top edge of my prints, I tucked a Picnic Tag, laced with white string, tied in a bow.
"REMEMBER THIS" and "today" Aloha Die Cuts, as well as a "hello adventure" Paradise Phrase Strip, can be found in the top right corner of my photograph.  The latter two were popped up with foam tape...
and I tucked a Black Label Sticker, used to house my June 15, '16 date, under its bottom left corner.
Another inked fern, topped with a hand-cut, Flower Power patterned paper bloom, as well as an All Day Flair Button, backed with a tangle of black thread, can be found along the top edge of the design...
grouped with a trio of Lantana Long Labels, which I used to house my journaling.  My journaling reads, I couldn't be any more proud of my boys for giving so much for those who have so little.  My prayer is that they will always find joy and fulfillment in being God's helpers.
This upper cluster was then grounded with a Sunny Clear Word Art strip and stamped, in Jet Black ink, "days", as well as the "God is a good worker but loves to be helped," phrase.  A scattering of color-coordinating buttons, laced with white string, as well as a healthy dose of Baby Avery Yellow Confetti Mix sequins, completes the look.

And here's that pin that inspired it all.  LOVE!
Thanks so much for visiting my neck of the woods!  Have a truly terrific Tuesday, friends!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: So Happy for You (SU!); Christ Is My Life (Mr. Cricut Crazy); Alphadot (Paper Smooches); Spring Fling (Teresa Collins) Paper: white (Recollections); watercolor (Master's Touch); Summer Vibes: Berry Sundress 8x8, Kaleidoscope 8x8, Flower Crown 8x8, & Lemonade Vellum 8x8, Here Comes the Sun: Blue Diagonal Vellum 8x8, & Tinsel Town: Gift Wrap 8x8 (PLS) Ink: Jet Black & Peeled Paint Distress Ink (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); watercolors (Kuretake); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); Mini Ferns stencil (Crafter's Worshop); white string (Hobby Lobby); purple, bright pink, & turquoise buttons (SU!); orange button (Buttons Galore & More); Marigold: Lantana Long Labels, Let's Go: Paradise Phrase Strip, Summer Vibes: All Day Flair Button, Picnic Tags, Let's Go Outside 3x4 Journaling, & Aloha Die Cuts, Baby Claire & Jack: Baby Avery Yellow Confetti Mix, Here Comes the Sun: Black Label Sticker, Treasure Island: Pickles Parrot Vintage Die Cut, & Sunny Clear Word Art (PLS)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the bright colors and that toucan!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful page Jinny! Love the bright happy colors and the cute bird!!

Miriam Prantner said...

so bright and fun! I love the tropical colors and of course that bird!