The Studio You Challenge

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Happy Sunday, y'all!  There's a new challenge up in The Studio, and it's all about you.  As long as we learn something about you from your page, you may interpret this challenge any way your little heart desires.  Here's how I was inspired.
I started this page by applying a little gesso to the multicolored, polka dot, base page.  Once it was dry, I added a few watercolor puddles and splattered everything with those same shades of pink, teal, and mint.  I then started a pile of prints to back my photograph, which was matted with white cardstock; but before anchoring them with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitching, I splattered everything with Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints.  My cut-apart, "dreams ARE FOR CHASING" title was stapled peeking out from under the left side of my prints; backed with a yellow and pink label, which stretches to the opposite side of my photo and had its left-side corners rounded; and topped with a "today" die cut, popped up with foam tape, as well as a "what's next?" phrase sticker.
A gold foil, chipboard frame, as well as a doily, was tucked under the top edge of my prints.  The top right corner of my photo was embellished with a chipboard tag, laced with gold thread, tied in a bow; and a couple of phrase stickers round the corner...
to two cut-apart tags, laced with white and yellow string, tied in bows, respectively, as well as a mint label, which houses my December 24, 2011, date.  I also tucked a pink, floral, cut-apart label under the bottom right side of my photo.  Gotta love those layers!
The bottom of my design was dressed up with lots of chipboard, die-cut, and sticker phrases, as well as my journaling, which was prompted by a stamped, in Jet Black ink, "the details".  The journaling reads, Johan [my brother-in-law] took this photo for my Designer of the Month feature in the April 2012 issue of CARDS Magazine.  I nearly fell out of my seat, when I got the request from Hannah [Craner].  It was a dream I never really thought would come true and the boost of creative confidence I needed to continue sharing my love for paper with others.
That brings us to the bottom left corner of my photo.  It was dressed up with a gold foil, transparency flower, backed with a couple of feather die cuts and topped with a butterfly die cut, set atop a nest of gold thread.  A number of phrases were stamped, in Jet Black ink, throughout the design; and a sprinkling of sparkling clear sequins completes the look.  Eeek!  I just adore these sequins, but I've already used every last one of them :(.  Please send more, Trina!
Further inspiration for this page came from Citrus Twist's February 19th Sunday Sketch.
You have until Sunday, March 12, 2017, to link up your takes, on this You Challenge and/or our February Sketch Challenge, in the right-hand column of The Studio blog.  Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Dream Catcher (The Craft's Meow); Today You (Ali Edwards); "why stop dreaming?" & "get crafty" (Citrus Twist) Paper: white (Recollections); multicolored polka dot & aqua hexagons (Crate Paper); yellow speckled (Citrus Twist); pink floral, black plus sign, & teal polka dot (Maggie Holmes) Ink: Jet Black & Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); gesso (O'Leary Paint); watercolors (Kuretake); star stencil (Jenni Bowlin); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); white string (Hobby Lobby); gold foil transparency flower (Freckled Fawn); "You are capable of amazing things" die cut (Pinkfresh); tags, "dreams ARE FOR CHASING", yellow/pink label, pink floral label, & tag cut-aparts (Maggie Holmes); staple & stapler (office supply store); phrase stickers & mint label (Pinkfresh for Citrus Twist); yellow twine, doily, sparkling clear sequins, & today, feathers, & butterfly die cuts (Citrus Twist); chipboard elements (American Crafts); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

How lovely to see you as the feature of your page ... This is stunning!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING that photo of you, the colors and the journaling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

That's such a wonderful picture of you. Love your use of all the tags and the way you added your journaling. Hugs!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful page, Jinny! I love that photo and what it represents! You put this page together flawlessly!

Poppystamps Blog Challenge said...

Love love love looking at your layouts Jinny.. no one is as good as you.. always a feast for my eyes.. spotting something new everywhere I look. G O R G E O U S!!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful photo of you and the perfect focal for your amazing page!!

Team Clark said...

What a wonderful way to record a very special milestone. I adore your photo and the gorgeous layout you've created for it. Exquisite work! Hugs, Autumn

Miriam Prantner said...

We really do need to scrap ourselves more often! Love this and all those great papers/layers. Great photo of you too!