Heidi St. John was the keynote speaker at this year's conference; and y'all, she's just amazing! Truly. Don't ever hesitate to attend one of her conferences. Anyway, I had the privilege of being in her REAL LIFE Homeschooling workshop. Briefly, each letter from the title gave way to a list of challenges for homeschooling success.
- R = Remember the goal is to teach God's material and His standard.
- E = Expect opposition both spiritually and culturally and from family and friends.
- A = Adjust for life. Successful homeschoolers are flexible.
- L = Let go of legalism. Legalism chokes our ability to hear from the Lord and makes us judgmental of one another.
- I = Invest in what matters most.
- Growing relationships with God
- Nurturing marriages
- Discipling our children
- Leading by example
Be Still, written by Kathryn O'Brien and illustrated by Gillian Flint, not only makes Bible memorization fun but also creates meaning, through lasting connections with real-life experiences, out of every single word in the scripture "Be still, and know that I am God!" Psalm 46:10
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, friends. Happy reading!