Poppystamps: Have a Magical Birthday

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Hey, y'all!  I trust you all had wonderful weekends and even better starts to the work weeks.  My sweet girl and I got a chance to get away for an afternoon of fun, at Sea Life Aquarium, just the two of us; and of course, we spent much of it at the baseball fields, too.  Tomorrow is our last day of school, and I cannot even begin to tell you how ready I am for summer to begin.  We'll only have just over a week to relax, before all the summer activities, aside from baseball, which, obviously, is already well underway, begin; but I'm still ready for a bit of a change of pace and more time to enjoy the sunshine, before we hit the books again the first part of August.  I know that I've been terrible about family updates over here.  I was so diligent about doing them before, because I thought that it was a way that extended family and friends were able to keep up with the goings on in our neck of the woods; but nobody seems to miss them, and they take an awful lot of time to keep up with.  So, for now, they're on hiatus.

Anyhow, I'm just stopping back in here to share my sister's magical, garden birthday card that's up on the Poppystamps blog today.  Enjoy!
I started this card by stamping those Watercolor Wildflowers, that I simply cannot get enough of, in Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, and Peeled Paint Distress Inks, on watercolor paper.  I then spritzed over them with water to get more of a watercolor effect and splattered everything with those same shades of Distress Inks mentioned above, as well as Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints.  That set the foundation for my garden.  While it was drying, I pieced together the Blooming Poppy with Real Red, Basic Black, and Garden Green cardstock die cuts and the Ragged Daisy with white, Daffodil Delight, and Lucky Limeade cardstock die cuts.  Once they were adhered, in their respective positions, to the watercolor piece, I grounded them with a Preppy Flowers, Wild Wasabi cardstock die cut.
The prepped piece was then anchored, to the Pistachio Pudding cardstock card face, with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  The Magnificent Mini Faeries were die-cut from Basic Black and white cardstocks; pieced together; and adhered, with foam tape, within the garden itself.  Their wings also got a healthy dose of Clear Wink of Stella for shimmer and shine.
I then die-cut the Pinpoint Balloons from Coastal Cabana cardstock; adhered them, in their respective locations; also gave them some shimmer and shine with Clear Wink of Stella, coated with Glossy Accents; and anchored them to the faeries' fists with hand-penned strings.
The black-embossed, "HAVE A magical BIRTHDAY" sentiment, from Fairy Greetings, completes the look.
Thanks so much for humbling me with a visit, friends!  Have a terrific Tuesday!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fairy Greetings (Poppystamps); Watercolor Wildflowers (Birch Press Design) Paper: white (Paper Studio); Basic Black, Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Lucky Limeade, Pistachio Pudding, & Daffodil Delight (SU!); watercolor (Canson Studio) Ink: Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Barn Door, & Peeled Paint Distress Inks (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); black embossing powder (SU!); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Clear Wink of Stella (Zig); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); Big Shot (Sizzix); Magnificent Mini Faeries, Pinpoint Balloons, Ragged Daisy, Blooming Poppy, & Preppy Flowers craft dies (Poppystamps)

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card with fabulous details!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the balloons and the fairies!!! And I will miss the family updates - but I totally get how much time they take! :)

Tracy said...

LOVE the Distress ink stamping for the background. So cool looking. Those tiny fairies are precious. Hugs!

Leslie said...

OH MY!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Love the colors and the fairies!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling card Jinny. Love the sweet silhouette fairies with the bright flowers and background. Such a cool design.