Pretty Little Studio: Awana Memories

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Morning, y'all!  Just popping in to share a page that's up on the Pretty Little Studio blog this am.  These pics were taken at Adina's Awana award ceremony last year.  I wanted to play off the blues and reds in the photos themselves, so I pulled everything I could find that may do the trick; and while it reveals a mix of goodies from a plethora of different collections, it also shows just how well they all work together.  Gotta love that!  Enjoy!
I started this page by adding a few blue, watercolor puddles to my 12" x 12" watercolor paper, base page.  I then splattered it with those same shades of blue watercolors, as well as Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints.  A number of those blue, red, and neutral prints, including Here Gray and Wishes Vellum pieces, were then adhered, in their present positions, behind where my photos, which were matted with white cardstock, would lie.  Some of those prints were additionally anchored with white-threaded, straight, machine stitching.  A Cambridge 4" Doily was tucked under the top left edge of my photos and Easy Breezy and Salt Lake Clear Shipping Tags, laced with Baker's Twine, under the top right.
An Our Story 3x4 Journaling Card brings in more of that soft blue color; serves as a secondary, "you bring magic in my life" title; and is dressed up with that sweet Lady Vintage Die Cut, which also happened to inspire a collection of butterflies found throughout the page, popped up with foam tape.
Continuing in a clockwise movement, I popped a blue-framed Everyday Cut-Apart label up with foam tape and used it to house my May 2, 2016 date.  A "what a special day" Words from the Heart Sticker grounds it.
A Just Saying Flair Button and Picture Perfect Die Cut dress up the individual photo of my beautiful girl, which was also backed with a scrap of white cheesecloth for texture.
I also tucked another Picture Perfect Die Cut up near the top of the page and embellished it with an Everyday Cut-Apart banner, secured with a simple staple, and a Monarch Die Cut, popped up with foam tape.
The first part of the vertical, "AWANA MEMORIES" title was made by stamping "AWANA" in Bashful Blue ink.  A Love Life Word Die Cut polishes it off, and my journaling follows suit underneath.  It reads, You memorized your scriptures for this year in record time and just floated the last couple of months, but you just love the company of all the other children and that Daddy stays to help out.  I'm so proud of you!
A couple of Monarch Butterfly Stickers complete the look.
I also wanted to share that Pretty Little Studio will be adding something special to every $25 order, beginning next month with these gorgeous, summer-inspired, watercolor die cuts, created by Marie Pierre-Capistran.  Woohoo!
Thanks, as always, for humbling me with a visit!  I'll see you on the other side of May, friends.  XOXO

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Headline Alphabet (SU!) Paper: white (Paper Studio); watercolor (Master's Touch); Winter Joy: Wishes Vellum 8x8; With All My Heart: Loving You Gold Metallic 8x8 & Always Gray 8x8; Let's Go: Here Gray Vellum 8x8; black polka dot & red houndstooth (PLS) Ink: Bashful Blue (SU!); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); cheesecloth (Dritz); watercolors (Kuretake); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); staple & Staple Board (We R Memory Keepers); Ain't Life Grand: Everyday Cut-Aparts, Love Life Word Die Cut, & Easy Breezy Shipping Tag; Blooming Hearts: Just Saying Flair Button, Our Story 3x4 Journaling Card, Picture Perfect Die Cuts, & Words from the Heart Sticker; Woodland: Monarch Butterfly Stickers & Monarch Die Cut; Let's Go: Salt Lake Clear Shipping Tag; You & Me: Cambridge 4" Doily; & Lady Vintage Die Cut (PLS)

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING those photos, the colors and that puppy!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Super sweet page, love the red white & blue! I know I sound like a broken record, but I love drinking in all of the special details you so effortlessly add. Your pages always flow together so beautifully Jinny!