Pretty Little Studio: Ada Rose

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Morning, friends!  I trust you're all having a great week.  Ours has been super busy, which for the time, is a good thing; as it distracts us from some of the daily disappointments we've been facing.  But on top of the busyness, my hubby's Jeep broke down again.  Ugh!  Fortunately, for our pocketbook, he's able to fix it himself this time.  However, we still have to wait for the parts to arrive; and being down one vehicle always makes it difficult to ensure everyone is where they need to be at the right time.  We're making do; but getting time to steal away and play with my Pretty Little Studio goodies, in the evenings, always helps drown away the sorrow.  A little of this "me" time recently resulted in a soft, sweet page of my niece with her mom and dad.  It's up on the Pretty Little Studio blog today; and I'd like to share it here, too.  Enjoy!
I started this page by scraping a foundation of white gesso across the textured, white, cardstock, base page with an old gift card.  Once it was dry, I used that same applicator to scrape both Ballet Pink acrylic paint and a hand-formulated, aqua acrylic paint behind where my photos, which were matted with white cardstock, would lie.  I then splattered over everything with those same acrylic paints, as well as Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints, before securing a number of prints, from a variety of different collections, with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitches, behind where my make-shift grid would lie.  A "BEAUTY" So Lovely Bingo card, overlaid with a sheet of clear cardstock and stuffed with flowers from the Polka Dots Die Cuts package, hearts from the Walk in the Park Die Cuts package, as well as Snowcone, Clear Skies, Seaspray, and gold, star sequins, all secured inside a little pocket with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitching, grounds the bottom left corner.
Just to the right of the photo of my niece, I popped that precious Honey Vintage Die Cut up with foam tape.
Behind Honey lies a Sprinkles Bookmark; Happy Ticket; couple of Walk in the Park Die Cut branches; duo of Peonies and Love You Stickers, backed with white cardstock, hand-cut out, and popped up with foam tape; and lots of gorgeous, gold foil, transparency shapes from Freckled Fawn.
A Butterfly Bush Sticker, backed with white cardstock and hand-cut out, crowns the bear...
 
and a "you are awesome" Walk in the Park Die Cut, laced with white string, tied in a bow, and popped up with foam tape...
 
turns our attention to the family photo, which was backed with a folded sheet of Light Blue Latitude Vellum; anchored with a "this makes me smile" A Great Day Flag Sticker, backed with white cardstock and popped up with foam tape; and finished off with a Laura Tab, stapled in place and filled in with a "new life" Baby Words Sticker.
Polka Dot Die Cuts to spell my niece's name, "ADA ROSE", creates the title; and both a "lovely" Acrylic Word and fabric, glitter star complete the look.
I know that I haven't been posting outside my Design Team duties or even been around to visiting much lately, but school will be starting up again soon; and once we get back into a routine, hopefully, I'll have a little more time to myself once again.  Until then, thanks for hanging in there with me and always for visiting!  XOXO

Paper: textured white (Bazzill); white (Paper Studio); clear (unknown); Let's Go: Lt. Blue Latitude Vellum 8x8; With All My Heart: Mint Adore You 8x8 & Gold Metallic Loving You 8x8; Dream Big: Stay Awesome 8x8; Beautiful Day: 6x8 Paper Pack (PLS) Other: gesso (O'Leary Paint); Paradise & Green Tea acrylic paints (Delta Creative); Ballet Pink, Pure Black, & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); white string (Hobby Lobby); Staple Board & staple (We R Memory Keepers); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); gold foil transparency shapes & fabric glitter star (Freckled Fawn); gold star sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); Beautiful Day: A Great Day Flag Sticker, Happy Ticket, Acrylic Word, So Lovely Bingo, Walk in the Park Die Cuts, Laura Tab, Sprinkles Bookmark, Snowcone Sequins, & Clear Skies Sequins; Summer Vibes: Seaspray Sequins; Baby Claire & Baby Jack: Baby Words Sticker; Marigold: Butterfly Bush Sticker; Dream Big: Polka Dot Die Cuts; With All My Heart: Love You Sticker & Peonies Sticker; & Honey Vintage Die Cut (PLS)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about the jeep! Ugh!!! I loveeeeeeeee your page! LOVING those photos, the colors and that 'honey' PLS diecut is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Jinny, I'm trying to play catch up after our vacation! There was so much prettiness happening here on your blog while I was away. Beautiful layouts and incredible cards as always. I see Ezekiel had a birthday...time sure flies doesn't it!!

Team Clark said...

It's really wonderful! Love this collection. Hugs, Autumn