Friday Faves

Friday, August 25, 2017

Evening, y'all!  So sorry that it's been a bit quiet around here lately.  I've had my hands full with just being a mom.  It's truly a full-time job in and of itself.  Plus, it's been so beautiful outdoors; that I've been playing in my gardens lots.  We've been harvesting bunches of tomatoes, onion, peppers, lettuce, kale, zucchini, and cucumbers, not to mention a heap of spices, all summer long; but I also just fixed my first two homegrown eggplants for dinner this week.  Yum!  And I'm super excited about our growing baby pumpkins and butternut squash.  Eeek!  I'm having a ball!  We also took in a Royals game yesterday afternoon and visited the Kansas City Zoo today.  So, it's just been a little bit of summer, for us, all over again, now that we've got three full weeks of school under our belts.

All that said, I did want to pop in here, before the day completely gets away from me, to share a few things that have caught my attention this month.  Let's kick things off with Simon Says Stamp's Encouraging Words stamp set.  These images are just as precious as can be, and I adore all the punny sentiments.
Neat and Tangled's Schoolhouse stamp set released in perfect synchronization with the back-to-school season; and while I feel like it might be missing a few sentiments and/or images to really make the set complete, I couldn't resist throwing it up here.  You all know that I'm a sucker for anything school-themed, and those little mice are the icing on the cake.
I own a couple of Noonday Collection's wrap bracelets and couldn't possibly love them any more.  So, when I saw their new Bonfire Wrap Bracelet, I knew that it had to make the lineup. Dusty blues and grays are really calling to me right now.
So much so, that I'm planning a bit of a makeover for our entire house.  I'm hoping that it can coincide with a kitchen renovation, which is long overdue, soon.  Our biggest problem, aside from finding a trusted contractor that sees our vision, is five people, not to mention a dog, bunny, and fish, living in 920 square feet while everything is morphing.  I know that it's been done.  I just wonder if those people maintained their sanity in the process.  Anyway, Nate Berkus' Mini Fringe White and Silver Curtain Panels hopped into my basket while Target was having a 30% off sale last week; and I can't wait to paint the walls and get these babies up.
There you have it, folks.  I do have a page coming your way later this weekend, and I promise to try to keep you all coming back often for more inspiration and tips/tricks for your own creations.  Until next time, thanks so much for humbling me with a visit.  Have a blessed weekend!  XOXO

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeee those stamps!! And kitchen reno! How exciting!