PLS: Love You to the Moon and Back

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Evening, y'all!  I'm up on the Pretty Little Studio blog today, sharing a sweet page of my littles reading together; and I'd love to share it here, too.  Enjoy!
I started this page by adding puddles and splatters of purple and green watercolors to the 12" x 12" watercolor paper, base page.  After adding a mix of Clear Flower Crown and To the Moon & Back star stickers to my background, I splattered everything once again but this time with Titanium White acrylic paint.  I then anchored a number of coordinating, horizontal strips from our Dream Big and With All My Heart collections, as well as some older prints that are no longer available in the store, with soft-purple-threaded, straight, machine stitching.  My photo itself was matted with white cardstock and backed with folded sheets of Confetti Vellum and Maybe Baby Vellum, not to mention a snippet of cheesecloth for texture and a Beautiful Bookmark Journaling Card, embellished with a stapled bit of white lace and white string, tied in a bow.  It was then sandwiched between a Winter Mini Word and duo of I Heart You Die Cuts on the right...
and the Wendy & Quinn Vintage Die Cut, popped up with foam tape and topped with a Beautiful Bookmark Journaling Card butterfly, on the left.
A Rainbow Label, etched with the April 27, 2016, date crowns the design...
and To the Moon & Back Stickers, which I used to create the "love you to the [moon] and back" title, and a trio of white, cardstock, journaling strips, popped up with foam tape, ground it.
My journaling strips continue the title itself and read, ...to infinity and beyond, forever and ever and always.  [heart], Mom.  A trio of color-coordinating, flower buttons from my stash, laced with white string and scattered throughout the design, complete the look.
Further inspiration for this page came from Stuck?! Sketches' September 1st Challenge.
Thanks so much for humbling me with a visit!  Have a wonderful Wednesday, friends!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: white (Paper Studio); watercolor (Master's Touch); Here Comes the Sun: Confetti Vellum 8x8; Dream Big: Shine from Within 8x8, Perfect Dream 8x8, & Dream Big 8x8; With All My Heart: You & Me 8x8; Ain't Life Grand: Maybe Baby Vellum 8x8; & purple floral, purple houndstooth, & mint leafy (PLS) Ink: Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: purple thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); staples & stapler (office supply store); watercolors (Kuretake); Titanium White acrylic paint (FolkArt); lace & yellow button (JoAnn Fabrics); white string (Hobby Lobby); purple button (SU!); aqua button (Buttons Galore & More); Here Comes the Sun: To the Moon & Back Stickers & Rainbow Label; Blooming Hearts: I Heart You Die Cuts; Summer Vibes: Flower Crown Clear Stickers; Dream Big: Beautiful Bookmark Journaling Cards; Wonderland: Winter Mini Word; & Wendy & Quinn Vintage Die Cut (PLS)

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, what a sweet sweet photo of your little ones Jinny! Every little detail you added to this page is perfect!

Laura Whitaker said...

This is stunning Jinny, love all of your layering and the sweet little bits tucked in here and there! I could look at this for hours! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! LOVING that PLS tag (I have it too!) and loving that sweet photo!!!!!!!

Lynn said...

It's been way too long since I have stopped by. Love this layout Jinny and how the sweet little die cuts mirror your adorable kids.

Miriam Prantner said...

Light and bright, but so many wonderful textures and layers!

Kara Lynne said...

What a precious photo, Jinny! You highlighted it beautifully!